Monday, February 14, 2011

MB12

Awww.. this is driving me crazy. would i stop it or not? before my daughter started with MB12 she was doing great in everything. good sleep, she was more focused, appetite greatly improved, hyperactivity was lessened, verbal stimming stopped, and lastly her imitation skill has gone from zero to 100. i believe all of these are the result of detox using ACS and ACZ. her metal toxicity result shows that she is high in arcenic, cadmium, lead, tin, and other 4 heavy metal that is why we are doing detox.

after 1 month then we started doing the MB12 shots, then my nightmare started to come back again. hyperactivity, poor appetite, drooling during the 1st 3 shots, sleeplessness, less compliant.

im hoping that these side effects will not last and im hoping to see the results soon. as i have read from the TACA website, 94% of children have been found to respond to Methyl-B12 therapy. Executive function is improved in 90% of children – things like awareness, cognition, appropriateness, eye contact when called, and “just being more like a normal kid.” Speech and language is improved in 80% of children – all phases including spontaneous language, more complex sentences, increased vocabulary, etc. Socialization and emotion is improved in 70% of the children – initiation and interactive play, understanding and feeling emotions, possibly for the first time or to a much more normal degree, etc. these exactly are the things i want my daughter to improve on. hoping the best for my little princess.

6 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for a while because we are going through the same situation. My wife and I are seriously considering DAN autism treatment for our son and I was wondering how your child has progressed so far. Did the MB12 side effects continue until now or has it subsided? Thank you for setting up this blog to help similar parents who are going through this.

    Also, there is another DAN doctor (Girimar Leones) and I was wondering what would be the difference between her clinic and the Comprehensive Center clinic in Mindanao ave. Have you tried to consult with different DAN doctors?

    Thank you and I hope your daughter progresses and show more signs of recovery.

    I apologize in advance for not putting in my real name or contact ID. I guess I'm not brave enough yet to come out and let people know what we are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! here is what happened. we were about to go to the hospital for the 8th shot. takot kase kmi n maginject s knya so we let the nurse to do it for her.unfortunately, hindi ko pla nalagay sa fridge ung mb12 after ng 7th shot so 3 days n sya hindi nakafridge. our DAN doctor said na it is our call if we still want to give it to her or not. my daughter has been out of mb12 for 10 days now.her hyperactivity is completely gone, ok n ung appetite nya,sleep, and she's more compliant when we're not giving the shot. if you ask me if would still want to give her the shots when she is better off without it, my answer would be yes.my daughter is nonverbal and does a lot of verbal stimming. after the 4th shot she was able to say papa, "tendi" for candy, "dede" for milk. on the 6th shot she said "tee" for three. on the 7th shot she called me mama for the first time.

    our DAN doctor now is dra.Girlmar Leones.but when we were just starting with biomed it was Dr Samera whom we were seeing. we switched to Dra Girlmar bec she is a pediatric practitioner.

    thank you and im hoping the best for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for replying back. I'm happy for the progress you've made so far with the DAN treatments even when you've stopped the MB12 shots. I'm sure it was a real joy when your child said these new words and we are also waiting for our boy (3 yrs old) to talk as well as he is non-verbal too. When the time comes and he says "mama" or "dada" with intent, we will throw a party! (it's good to be sane through this journey and have some humor once in a while).

    Anyway, we are scheduled for our first consult at the Comprehensive Clinic next week but we are exploring our options with other DAN doctors as well. We will know the next step from there and we shudder the thought of starting a GFCF diet since he has a lot of dependency with milk.

    God bless you on your journey and I hope you continue to find time to update your blog. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I am a mom to Sam, turning two this july. How was the examination of metal toxicity done?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    they would request for 2 table spoons of hair and will send it to the states for analysis. After 2 weeks you will receive the results. We coursed it through dra. girlmar leones as well.

    Hope this helps!

    Marvin

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello,
    i hope you could still read and can respond to my questions though your blog is over a year ago. My son showed signs of regressive autism. He was developing normally even advance but when he got vaccinated a week after he was injected an antibiotic we noticed that gradually all the language skills he'd learned was losing. It started when he was 20 month-old. I want to know the first step did you take for your daughter's treatment. I'm scheduled to see the psychiatrist this week. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete