Then i have learned about GFCF and Defeat Autism Now. During that time, Dra. Rhodora Ibasco was the only doctor who practices biomedicine in the Philippines. So i made a call to Comprehensive Center for Autism & Other Related for an appointment.
It was January 2010 when I started giving my daughter supplements. She has several issues that we wanted to address. Here's the list to name a few:
- No eye contact
- Walks in tip toe
- Does not look at object pointed
- Not aware of surroundings
- Repetitive movements like closing and opening of door, spinning wheels
- Picky eater
- High tolerance in pain
Just on the first appointment ang dami daming supplements agad ang binigay. Geez, how could my little girl take all those supplements!
Basic supplements given are as follows:
- Cod liver oil
- Syndion SF - this one costs Php4,500 and my daughter didn't want the taste no matter what we do she won't take it. (4,500 down the drain, hayzz)
- Calcium magnesium
- Zinc picolinate
- Probiotic support formula
After a few months of giving those supplements here are the changes:
**Please note that we have tried to do GFCF 100% kaya lang pag may occassion we cant avoid giving her "forbidden" foods.
- Eye contact improved
- Tip toeing was decreased
- There are occasions of inappropriate giggling
- Became hyperactive
- Verbal stimms
- Tapping of fingers
- Constipation still not resolved.
- Cod liver oil
- Aloe vera
- Pure energy
- MB12 oral
- Animal Parade
- Calcium Magnesium
- Better sleep at night. no more nap time for her. she has more energy during the day and sleeps soundly at night.
- She tries to eat meat now.
- Tantrums increased
- Hyperactivity is still present