Monday, March 7, 2011

when it rains... it pours

Year 2010 was not a great year for us. it was during this time when my daughter was formally diagnosed with ASD, my father in law passed away, my mother in law got sick, i have to leave my job, all our savings were used up. it was such a roller coaster ride and at age 28 i never imagined that life could be as difficult as this.

Year 2011 comes. new year, new hope. i wonder what moms with neurotypical kids wish for their child? sguro some moms are thinking of buying ipad for their kids pag nakakuha ng 85 na average sa card, or maybe some are planning a grand vacation with their kids this summer, or pasyal sa Enchanted Kingdom with the whole family.

But for me, iba ang gusto ko for my daughter. hahahaha, weird pero sana pag pumunta kami sa Toy Kingdom sana she will get a toy, show it to me, and tell me "mama pls buy this toy". naku baka maski worth ng 3 month na therapy nya ung toy na yun bibilin ko for her. =)

When it rains, it pours... last week my husband told me that he was offered to be the Assistant Section Manager of their department. it all depends on him if he will take it or not. last month may bagong lipat kami na neighbor and they have 2 kids. it's good kase it means that my daughter will have playmates na so i believe magiimprove ang social skills nya pag may kids around!! This afternoon the principal in my daughter's school spoke to me. she told me 3 things. first, dont let her wear diaper in school starting tomorrow( mam, hindi pa po completely toilet trained ang anak ko). second, please bring rice meal and peanut butter para daw mapractice ung tongue(ok po, i'll just bring her favorite ulam para kumain sya ng marami). third, mommy ang bilis ng progress nya, speech lang ang problema. pag tuloy tuloy ang progress nya until end of this school year ilalagay ko na sya sa mainstream (WHAT?! mainstream po?) yes mommy, kase ok na imitation skills nya, receptive,cognitive ang laki ng improvement.

So far this is the best news i have ever heard! all the hardships are worth it. im so proud of what she has become. in just a matter of 1 year i never thought that she will progress this fast. yes, my daughter is still autistic but im just happy to know that the path to recovery is not dark after all. is it because of biomedicine? traditional therapies? my unconditional love for her?well i guess yes, it's a combination of all of these. but above all i believe trusting God that He will provide our heart's desire is the answer to all my questions. we just need to hang in there even though we feel that the rope is getting shorter and shorter. then mkikita nlng natin na magpapadala ng helicopter si God pra di tayo mahulog. =) thank you Lord for all the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment